Thursday, March 10, 2011

Updating on Friday... (Well, alright. A little update now)

Some of you may have noticed that I've missed my Thursday update for the past two weeks, and have posted on Friday instead. That hasn't been intentional... until now. I'll be holding off until tomorrow for this week's entry.

For now I don't really have much UFL news to gab about. I mean, there are little things like this, which is the freshest headline I could find today, and which (if you clicked) would tell you that the Virginia Destroyers have signed a deal with a company by the name of New Era Tickets. The small ticketing firm is an offshoot of Comcast. Sounds like a good deal for the UFL to be working with a company with firm backing. But this is the kind of news that's only news in the offseason.

And why should we care about ticketing info for a team that we'll be destroying in the fall? Hear that Destroyers? Yeah, that's right. I went there. Whatcha gonna do about it?

One final note: it seems like the NFL Lockout is already providing the UFL with a whole bunch of free press. I'm not sure that it'll be enough without the benefit of a serious and concerted UFL-devised ad campaign, which the league has not previously tried in lieu of cheaper options such as Facebook, Twitter and word of mouth, but the word is certainly getting out there. And that is good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment