Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hotel 2011

I'm sitting here watching the replay of Hartford's first home game in 2010, and I think it's only now that I'm really struck by the fact that we are no longer in the post-2010 season fugue, we've busted down the doors to the 2011 season and are standing in the lobby, waiting for the bellboy to quit loafing and take our damn bags up to our room.

As of writing this, it's the second quarter and the Colonials are up 10-0. Damn that was a great game.

There's a hell of a lot of bad news that happened in Post-2010. Nobody can deny that, but we're beyond that now. With the hiring of Jerry Glanville, we're past that. You can actually feel the air in the room change, and not just because the snooty bellboy opened up the windows (he's doing extracurricular stuff, looking for a bigger tip) but because there's a whole new attitude in the organization.

Of the five UFL head coaches, four have been in the NFL. Three of those have winning records. Jerry? He doesn't. But I'll take gladly take his 60-69 record and multiple playoff appearances and his awesome attitude over Palmer's 8-32.

"See? See? We did have that one game. I mean 27-10? Come on!"


McCown-to-Chery and it's now 16-0 by the way. Aaaaand now 17-0!

I feel energized. I feel good. We have a coach. There will be a 2011 season. There's nowhere to go but up. What else can you ask for? Fine, here's a dollar. Now get out of my room. I want to see what's on pay per view.

No comments:

Post a Comment