Thursday, November 11, 2010

Safety First!

Tonight is the night we get our first view of former Philadelphia Eagles safety Quintin Demps, who was released from that team earlier this year along with safety/cornerback Victor "Macho" Harris. As an Eagles fan, I have to say I was surprised that Harris got the nod over Demps. It's hard to gauge #39 on his limited play, but he always seemed to have a better grasp of his assignments when out on the field, while Harris often looked confused.



For the Colonials, Demps replaces former CFL safety Ryan Glasper. I'll admit that I didn't think Glasper was doing all that poorly, but Demps is solid and provides a kick return threat that Hartford simply hasn't had all year. As a Colonials fan and an Eagles fan, I'll be looking forward to seeing him in action tonight against the Tuskers.

No comments:

Post a Comment