Thursday, February 10, 2011

Five is Better than None

The UFL is sticking with five teams for the 2011 season.

Not much to add to this at the moment, but I may have gathered a few more thoughts for tomorrow. I've been saying that the league needs to have another team for 2011 to succeed, and I really can't find a way to positively spin this. In a year where an NFL lockout could mean significant growth, the UFL is merely treading water.

Could the five-team league gain enough ground in 2011 that 2012 instead becomes the prime year? I suppose it's possible, but given the rash of bad news over the past few months, it's harder to take individual headlines like this as being indicative of future success.

The Colonials are probably the most interesting thing to happen to Hartford in years. If the worst happens, I'll at least by happy to have had the team for as long as we did, though I feel bad to be thinking of a present-tense team in a past-tense sense, and it'd be nice to come away with more than nostalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment